Friterm Wet And Dry Coolers With Ecomesh Spray System
s a result of its product development operations Friterm has added Ecomesh system Wet and Dry coolers to its product range in addition to Direct spray wet and dry coolers.
With the high level of energy they save, Wet-Dry coolers are advantageous in countries such as Turkey that are within the climate belt that experiences high ambient temperatures. Particularly in ambient conditions of low moisture they are highly successful. FRİTERM A.Ş. continues its research and development operations on an ever expanding scale toward meeting the cooling needs of Energy, Plastics, Chemistry and similar sectors and to this end, it maintains its production of Wet-Dry coolers needed by the said sectors by constantly increasing device efficiency.
As a result of its product development operations Friterm has added Ecomesh system Wet and Dry coolers to its product range in addition to Direct spray wet and dry coolers. The Ecomesh system developed in conjunction with the British EPS-Enviromental Process Systems Ltd. is a system which operates under the principle of spraying of the amount of water that is required by the system from nozzles placed on specific positions on the wide “mesh” (webbed material with fine openings) surface located on the front section of heat rejection surfaces (heat exchanger) of dry coolers, and lowering the inlet air temperature coming in contact with the heat exchanger surface by the adiabatic vaporization of the sprayed water, thus increasing efficiency of cooling. This system can be used in air cooled condensers as well as in dry coolers.
The sprayed water leads to adiabatic cooling of the inlet air flow (1). As the specified set values are exceeded, the ecomesh control system initiates the water spraying system to lower the temperature of the air entering the heat exchanger (2). The water spraying system can provide adiabatic cooling of the inlet (ambient) air which borders on 15˚C to 25˚C. The period of operation and frequency setting of the water spray system, is continuously maintained by the ecomesh smart controller unit in order to achieve optimization of system performance and minimization of water consumption.
Benefits of the Ecomesh system:
• Reduction in operational costs: Lower air inlet temperature reduces energy costs and thus decreases operational costs.
• Rapid and efficient cooling: The wide mesh surface provides efficient adiabatic cooling surface with minimum increase in air flow. In this way the water evaporates very rapidly, cooling the inlet air.
• Elimination of health risks: Since the water provided to the system is supplied directly rather than being taken from a tank or reservoir, health risks associated with the use of water collecting reservoirs are completely eliminated. (no risk of Legionnaire’s Disease).
• Reduction in water consumption: Since water is used in the system only when required, significant cuts in consumption are achieved.
• Facilitating the sustainability of heat transfer efficiency: Since the water is not directly sprayed on the heat exchanger surface, but rather on the mesh surface, furring does not occur on the fins. In this way, drops in heat transfer efficiency are avoided.